(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”) LATE EDITION
1. Former Washington Husky wide receiver John Ross broke Chris Johnson’s 40-yard dash record covering the distance in 4.22 seconds. Johnson’s previous record was 4.24 seconds.
2. Former El Segundo quarterback Lars Nootbar, ripped an RBI double in the tenth inning to lead the USC baseball team to a 4-3 win over UCLA Sunday at Dodger Stadium.
3. Former Lakers guard Jose Calderon was claimed off waivers by the Atlanta Hawks, after being signed and then released last week by the Golden State Warriors.
4. Maranatha will host Bakersfield in the first round of the CIF State Basketball Playoffs Wednesday night at 7:00 pm.
5. Blair forward Dezmond Washington had 26 of the Vikings 54 points Saturday night in a 65-54 loss to West Torrance in the CIF Division 4AA championship game.
6. Andre Dawson signed his infamous “blank” contract with the Chicago cubs on this day in 1987. Dawson ended up earning $500,000 in salary plus incentives and won NL MVP award as well.
7. Center Andrew Bogut fractured his leg less than a minute into his Cleveland Cavaliers debut.
8. On this day in 1922 Babe Ruth signed a 3-year contract with the New York Yankees for $52,000 per year.
9. The Raiders informed the NFL they secured a new Las Vegas stadium financing partner when Bank of America made a commitment to finance the $1.9 billion, 65,000 seat domed stadium.
10. “I had only one superstition. I made sure to touch all the bases when I hit a home run.” Babe Ruth.