(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Denver Broncos’ owner Pat Bowlen gives up control of the team due to Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Seattle Seahawks’ receiver Sidney Rice (27) retires after seven seasons.
3. Andrew Wiggins is set to sign his rookie contract with Cleveland. The Cavaliers would have to wait a minimum of 30 days if they decide to trade him.
4. The Dodgers fall to the Pirates 6-1 and lose two out of three to Pittsburgh.
5. Oregon is predicted to win the PAC 12 Conference by the media. UCLA is picked to finish second.
6. Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles agrees to a two-year $18.1 million extension.
7. Serra League – Southeast Division: Harvard-Westlake, St. Francis, St. Paul, Salesian, Cathedral, La Salle.
8. La Serna Non-League schedule: Ralston Valley (Arvada, CO.), at Los Altos, at Schurr, South Hills, Rancho Cucamonga.
9. Happy Birthday to Karl “Mailman” Malone who turns 51 today.
10. “Keppel should have beaten SG last season. An unsportsmanlike penalty after a Keppel TD pushed back the extra point attempt which they missed. SG 13 Keppel 12.” – NWO – MVS Commenter.