(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. In maybe the biggest surprise of the day Schurr beat Northview 33-30 Saturday at the SGV Shootout to advance to the semi finals before falling to Arcadia.
2. “This isn’t what we do. We won’t be throwing the ball, but it’s great to get out here and compete. We’ll be running the ball. We got some good young athletes and I’m looking forward to a good year.” – Temple City HC Marc Shettleroe.
3. “Yeah it’s a long day but hey that’s a good thing. We’re still alive.” – Covina HC Joe Brown as the Colts were playing Diamond Bar Saturday in the quarterfinals.
4. David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox has hit at least 20 home runs for 15 consecutive seasons. The only other players with longer streaks: Hank Aaron (20) and Babe Ruth (16).
5. Robbie Keane scored in the first half and the LA Galaxy went on to beat Seattle 1-0 Saturday night. For the Galaxy it was only their second road win of the season and first in three months.
6. The Dodgers beat the San Diego Padres 3-1 Sunday to close out the first half of the season at 51-40. They are 6 1/2 games behind the San Francisco Giants in the NL West but are leading in the race for the Wild Card.
7. San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan announces his retirement after 19 seasons. He won five NBA titles and two MVP awards.
8. Chino is ranked number one in Division 8 by CalPreps.com. Northview is number five, Burbank is nine and San Dimas is 11.
9. “St. Paul’s players and parents are out of control. Two fights at one event? Who controls this team? The HC or the alumni. Is this “the St. Paul way” we always hear about?”- MVS Commenter “The Truth”.
10. “For two decades Tim represented the city of San Antonio and the league with passion and class. All of us in the NBA family thank him for his profound impact on the game.” – NBA Commissioner Adam Silver.
Leave a Reply