(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Corey Kluber throws six shutout innings and Roberto Perez belts two home runs as the Cleveland Indians beat the Chicago Cubs 6-0 in Game One of the World Series Tuesday night.
2. St. Francis (8-0) at Cathedral (8-0) Friday night, 7:00 p.m.
3. The New York Giants release kicker Josh Brown Tuesday a few days after his admission that he abused his wife became public.
4. Denver linebacker DeMarcus Ware’s home was burglarized Monday night during the Broncos 27-9 win over the Houston Texans.
5. The Mid Valley News, which started in 1966, is closing operations with the last edition coming out today.
6. A Denver Bronco fan dies after falling 30-50 feet off of a stairwell while leaving Sports Authority Field Monday night.
7. LeBron James gets a triple double (19 points, 11 rebounds, 14 assists) as the Cleveland Cavaliers open defense of their NBA title with a 117-88 win over the New York Knicks.
8. The LA Galaxy opens the MLS playoffs tonight at 7:30 p.m. against Real Salt Lake at StubHub Center.
9. “Two years ago I beat Corey Kluber 1-0. Today I walked my two pugs wearing a “pug life” t-shirt. Life comes at you fast.” – Former Major League pitcher Dan Haren via Twitter.
10. On this day in 1951 Heavyweight champ Rocky Marciano beat Joe Louis at Madison Square Garden.