(“The TEN” is not a top ten bit ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. The Cleveland Indians acquire outfielder Jay Bruce from the New York Mets for a minor league pitcher.
2. Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork signs a one-day contract with New England and retires as a Patriot. Wilfork played for the Patriots from 2004-2014 winning two Super Bowls.
3. The Atlanta Falcons sign RB Devonta Freeman to a five-year $41.25 million extension.
4. Ruben Velasco, who was a three-year varsity player at West Covina (class of 2016), is one of three Marines missing in a U.S. military aircraft crash off of the coast of Australia. Velasco’s parents have been informed that the search for their son was being called off and was now considered a recovery. “It’s been a tough weekend,” said Former West Covina head coach Mike Maggiore.
5. “Rumor of us being interested in anyone other than the QBs we have is another example of irresponsible, fake news!!” – Denver Broncos GM John Elway via Twitter.
6. A brawl breaks out between the Rams and Chargers at training camp.
7. The LA Galaxy is currently on a seven game winless streak and has just one victory in their last 10 games.
8. Former New York Knick guard John Starks turns 52 today.
9. Garfield at Montebello, Friday night August 25, 7:00 p.m.
10.”Obviously dunking on Horace Grant and Michael (Jordan), in those circumstances, is just an incredible thing to happen. I’m happy I was able to make that play, and I’m fortunate I was in that position where I could make that happen for my team.”- John Starks.