1. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster is suspended one game for his vicious hit on a block on Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict.
2. Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier remained at University of Cincinnati Medical Center for a second consecutive night Tuesday while doctors monitored his back injury suffered Monday night vs. the Bengals.
3. Willie Taggart leaves Oregon after just one year as head coach to take the HC job at Florida State. Taggart, who signed a six-year, $30 million contract with the Seminoles, replaces Jimbo Fisher who left to become the head coach at Texas A&M.
4. Herman Edwards is named the new head coach at Arizona State.
5. Josh Heupel has agreed to become the new head coach at Central Florida. Heupel replaces Scott Frost who led UCF to a 12-0 record before signing to become the HC at Nebraska last week.
6. Bryce Hamilton is averaging 21 points and 9 rebounds in the first four games for Pasadena (3-1).
7. “Joe. Thanks for you dedication, and devotion to the countless kids in the area with your quest to getting their names heard/read.
As you go forward in your writing endeavors just remember this: A paper cut is just a tree’s last act of revenge. Good luck dude!” – MVS Commenter “Colt74”.
8. The Los Angeles Rams are averaging 30.1 points per game this year, tied with the Philadelphia Eagles for first in the NFL.
9. On this day in 1986, Miami quarterback Vinny Testaverde wins the Heisman Trophy.
10. “Back in the ’80s and ’90s, you could hit the quarterback low, you could hit the quarterback high. You could hit him pretty much late.” – Vinny Testaverde.