(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Florida Atlantic beat Akron 50-3 in the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl Tuesday night.
2. The Green Bay Packers shut down Aaron Rodgers for the year placing him on injured reserve on Tuesday.
3. The New York Mets have reached out regarding free agent first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, who was released by the Atlanta Braves on Monday after being traded by the Dodgers on Saturday.
4. Northview quarterback Steven Comstock will officially sign a letter of intent to play at Fresno State Wednesday in a ceremony to be held in the Northview gymnasium at 9:30 a.m.
5. Oklahoma freshman guard Trae Young became the first player in two decades to register 20 points and 20 assists in the same game. Young scored 26 points and dished out 22 assists in the Sooners 105-68 win over Northwestern State.
6. Thomas Welsh scored 19 points to lead UCLA (8-3) to an 85-82 win over South Dakota Tuesday night.
7. Cincinnati Bengals HC Marvin Lewis is reportedly moving on after this season.
8. On this day in 1985 Howard Cosell retires from television sports broadcasting after 20 years with ABC.
9. 55 days until pitchers and catchers report.
10. “The importance that our society attaches to sport is incredible. After all, is football a game or a religion? The people of this country have allowed sports to get completely out of hand.”- Howard Cosell.