1. Shaquille O’Neal’s son, Shareef O’Neal, decommitted from Arizona and committed to UCLA. O’Neal, who is from Crossroads in Santa Monica, changed his mind about Arizona after it was reported that FBI wiretaps intercepted phone conversations involving coach Sean Miller accepting money for recruits.
2. Former Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum agrees to a deal with the Texas Rangers. Lincecum won the Cy Young in 2008 and 2009 with the San Francisco Giants.
3. Former Arcadia quarterback Brian Ziska passed away last Sunday at the age of 33.
4. The LA Galaxy opens the MLS season Sunday night at home against the Portland Timbers.
5. AP College Basketball Rankings: 1. Virginia 2. Michigan State 3. Xavier 4. Villanova 5. Duke.
6. The first and second place teams in the Montview League, Duarte (9-1) and Nogales (8-2), are both in the CIF Finals.
7. Nogales senior Matthew Frazier is averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds per game.
8. Oklahoma freshman guard Trae Young leads the nation in scoring averaging 28.3 points per game.
9. LeBron James averaged a triple-double for the entire month of February. James, 33, became the oldest player in NBA history to average a triple-double in a calendar month.
10. Race car driving legend Mario Andretti turns 78 today.