(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Arizona HC Sean Miller vehemently denies an ESPN report about an alleged pay-to-play conversation.
2. The Seattle Seahawks are shopping Pro Bowl defensive end Michael Bennett.
3. Harvard-Westlake has filed a restraining order against former NFL offensive lineman Jonathan Martin. Martin, a Harvard-Westlake alum, was detained for questioning last week as a result of a threatening image posted on social media.
4. Julius Randle and Isaiah Thomas combine for 54 points in the Lakers 131-113 win over the Miami Heat Thursday night. It’s their fourth straight victory.
5. Azusa Pacific advances to the PacWest Tournament semi finals with a 79-69 win over Chaminade Thursday night.
6. The Dodgers sent 25 players and coaches home from spring training Wednesday due to a serious virus that spread through the clubhouse.
7. The Clippers are currently ninth in the Western Conference at 32-28. The Lakers are 11th at 27-34.
8. Three key words in high school football coaching hires: “Pending board approval.”
9. On this date in 1962 Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points for the Philadelphia Warriors in a 169-147 win over the New York Knicks.
10. “Everybody pulls for David, nobody roots for Goliath.” – Wilt Chamberlain.