1. Wide receiver Antonio Callaway, the Cleveland Browns fourth round pick from Florida, is cited for possession of marijuana.
2. The Las Vegas aces of the WNBA forfeited its game with the Washington Mystics Friday after various flight delays and cancellations led to 26 hours of travel and causing them to arrive just four hours before tip-off.
3. New York Jets safety Jamal Adams says last season’s team just “wanted to do the bare minimum”.
4. Chicago Blackhawks legend, Hall of Famer, Stan Mikita passed away Tuesday at the age of 78.
5. New York Yankees outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury will undergo season ending surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.
6. Former New York Knick forward Charles Oakley pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct to resolve a case of an alleged cheating incident last month in Las Vegas. Oakley will face no jail time.
7. Los Angeles Rams at Baltimore Ravens Thursday August 9, 4:30 p.m. PT.
8. Oakland Raiders defensive end Khalil Mack continues to hold out.
9. On this date in 1976 the Chicago White Sox unveil new uniforms suiting up in shorts.
10. Los Altos at Covina, (Covina District Field), Friday night August 17, 7:00 p.m.