1. The Philadelphia Phillies signed free agent Bryce Harper to a 13-year, $330 million contract.
2. Tight end Jason Witten is coming out of retirement and returning to the Dallas Cowboys the team announced Thursday.
3. James Harden scored 58 points to lead the Houston Rockets to a 121-118 win over the Miami Heat Thursday night. It was Harden’s sixth 50-point game of the season.
4. Former Denver/Houston receiver Demaryius Thomas is charged with vehicular assault stemming from a crash earlier this month.
5. New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft pleads not guilty to solicitation charges.
6. Jaylen Hands scored 21 points to lead UCLA to 93-88 win over USC in overtime Thursday night.
7. Former Texas A&M/ Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Johnny Manziel is cut by the Montreal Alouettes following a directive from the Canadian Football League for failing to abide by the terms of his agreement with the league.
8. The Lakers announce that point guard Lonzo Ball will be re-evaluated in another week. Ball has been out since January 19 with a Grade 3 ankle sprain.
9. On this day in 1969 Mickey Mantle announced his retirement due to persistent knee injuries after an 18-year career. The New York Yankee legend finished with 536 home runs and a .298 batting average.
10. Former Michigan Fab Five player/ NBA star Chris Webber turns 46 today.