1. Glendale forfeited its game with Muir Friday night because the school only has 13 healthy players on the roster.
2. Bryce Harper and the Philadelphia Phillies are eliminated from post season play with a 4-1 loss to Harper’s former team, the Washington Nationals.
3. New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley is expected to be out 4-8 weeks with a high ankle sprain.
4. Bovada, a sports gambling website, has the Lakers as a 3-1 favorite to win the NBA championship.
5. The Rowland-Nogales game this Friday night is known as the “Battle of the Tracks”.
6. USC quarterback Matt Fink is expected to start again this Saturday against Washington with Kedon Slovis still not medically cleared to practice.
7. Jevan Snead, who ranks among Mississippi’s career passing leaders, passed away at the age of 32. He started at quarterback for Ole Miss in 2008 and 2009. Cause of death was not revealed.
8. College Football AP Top 5: 1. Clemson 2. Alabama 3. Georgia 4. LSU 5. Ohio State.
9. Narbonne quarterback Jake Garcia, the number 22 overall prospect in his class of 2021, has committed to USC.
10. Former NBA/Laker star Bob McAdoo and former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Cheryl Tiegs, both celebrate birthdays today. McAdoo turns 68 and Tiegs 72.