1. Santa Clarita Christian beat St. Francis 61-39 to win the CIF Boys Basketball Division 2AA championship Saturday at Azusa Pacific.
2. The LA Wildcats of the XFL fell to the New York Guardians 17-14 Saturday to fall to 1-3 on the season.
3. The LA Galaxy played to a 1-1 draw with the Houston Dynamo Saturday in the MLS season opener.
4. Tony Romo agreed to stay with CBS in the broadcast booth signing a long term deal that could pay him as much as $17 million per year.
5. Sierra Canyon beat Mater Dei 59-48 Friday night to win the CIF Boys Basketball Open Division championship.
6. The Ganesha girls basketball team beat Bishop San Diego 58-35 to win the CIF Division 5 championship.
7. Hank Gathers statue was unveiled outside Gersten Pavilion at Loyola Marymount Saturday four days before the 30th anniversary of his death. Gathers, who is Loyola Marymount’s all-time leading scorer with 2,480 points, collapsed in a game against Portland on March 4, 1990 and was pronounced dead at a hospital later that evening. An autopsy revealed that Gathers, 23, died of a heart muscle disorder.
8. “Christian Koloko is from Sierra Canyon, who lost last night to Mater Dei.” – Bill Walton while calling the UCLA-Arizona game Saturday night. Sierra Canyon beat Mater Dei 59-48 Friday night.
9. UCLA is in first place in the Pac 12 Conference with a record of 12-5 after a 69-64 win over Arizona. USC is two games back at 10-7 after beating Arizona State.
10. On this date in 1962 Philadelphia Warriors center Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points, the most ever by an NBA player in a single game, in a 169-147 win over the New York Knicks.