(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
- “Beyond excited to be able to announce that I’m the new Head Football Coach at Arroyo High School !! I am forever grateful to my boy Chuck Leonardis for bringing me onboard 3 years ago. He’s been an amazing friend, a leader, and example of what it takes to succeed. I am home at Arroyo, it’s where I grew up, and I am honored to be chosen to follow in the footsteps of Coach Jim Singiser and Chuck, and to lead the program at Arroyo HS. Go Knights !!!”- New Arroyo head football coach Johnny Argo on Facebook.
- The Dodgers beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 8-2 on Opening Night at Dodger Stadium Thursday.
- Cal State Northridge men’s basketball coach Trent Johnson was fired after a 7-25 season.
- The Yankees Aaron Judge hit the first home run of the 2023 season with a first inning shot in a 5-0 win over the San Francisco Giants Thursday.
- UCLA junior guard Jaylen Clark declared for the NBA draft.
- Alabama freshman forward Brandon Miller has declared for the NBA draft.
- Former Stanford star/ Utah Valley coach Mark Madsen was named the new men’s head basketball coach at California.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed veteran defensive end Calais Campbell to a one-year contract.
- Dodger legendary pitchers Orel Hershiser, Eric Gagne and Fernando Valenzuela all threw out the first pitch on Opening Night.
- Baltimore Orioles catcher Adley Rutschman went 5 for 5 with a home run and four RBIs in a 10-9 win over the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park Thursday. Rutschman became the first player since 1937 to go 5-5 or better with a home run on Opening Day.
Leave a Reply