(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. San Gabriel’s Andy Guerrero throws for seven touchdowns against the Moors.
2. Joe Sanchez’s pick six secures Griffin Bowl and playoff birth for El Monte.
3. On this day in 1991 Magic Johnson shocked Laker fans and the world announcing he was HIV positive and would retire from the NBA.
4. Mt. SAC’s Cameron Deen (South Hills) throws for 288 yards and three scores in win over Fullerton.
5. Monrovia’s Marquis Bias has rushed for 833 yards and nine touchdowns.
6. LSU beats Alabama 9-6
7. San Franciso 49ers have won seven straight.
8. Fullerton’s Tra Sumler records eight tackles, an interception and two passes defended in loss to Mt. SAC
9. UCLA hangs on and gets win over Arizona State.
10. “I don’t believe in team motivation. I believe in getting a team prepared so it knows it will have the necessary confidence when it steps on a field and be prepared to play a good game.” Tom Landry