(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. The Lakers sign Antwan Jamison to a one-year deal for the veteran’s minimum.
2. The Dodgers’ Matt Kemp hits a two run walk off home run in the twelfth inning to beat Philadelphia.
3. The Redskins sign Robert Griffin III to a four-year $21.1 million contract.
4. 13 of the 32 NFL first round draft choices remain unsigned, including top overall pick Andrew Luck.
5. Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys is arrested on a domestic violence charge against his mom.
6. Cleveland jumps in the Dwight Howard trade talks with hopes of landing Andrew Bynum.
7. El Rancho QB/DB Joe Sanchez 2011 stats- junior year: Passing: 37-57-621 yards, 5TD, 4 Int. Long-84; Rushing: 52-279 yards, 3TD, 5.37 Avg.; 17 tackles, 8 assisted, 25 total, 2 Int.
8. La Serna junior quarterback Frankie Palmer threw six touchdown passes combined in his first two games last year and nine the rest of the season.
9. “Anytime you can play baseball and football at the D2 level, you’re an absolute stud.” – Charter Oak HC Lou Farrar on Travis Santiago who will be playing both sports at Azusa Pacific.
10. “Because she’s too ugly to kiss goodbye.” – Houston Oliers Coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he brought his wife on every road trip.