(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Maranatha quarterback Andrew Elffers will have surgery Thursday for a torn meniscus and is out for the year.
2. Falcons running back Michael Turner charged with DUI.
3. Former referee Jerry Markbreit blasts NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
4. With the NHL lockout entering the fourth day, the Kings Anze Kopitar is close to signing with a Swedish team.
5. Steve Sabol, who passed away Tuesday at the age of 69, won 35 Emmy awards for his work on NFL Films.
6. If the playoffs started today the Dodgers and the Angels would both be out.
7. The Dodgers will play a rare doubleheader today to make up the Tuesday rain out.
8. Before Monday night Peyton Manning was intercepted three times in the opening quarter only one other time -a 2007 game at San Diego.
9. Monrovia linebacker David Gallegos: 10 tackles, 17 assisted, 27 total.
10. Former Cincinnati Red two-time MVP Joe Morgan turns 69 today.