(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in the TEN)
1. The Clippers blow a seven point lead in the last 49 seconds and lose to Oklahoma City 105-104. The Thunder takes a 3-2 series lead.
2. The Cleveland Cavaliers fire head coach Mike Brown. It’s the third time in the last four years that Brown has been fired.
3. The Wizards blow out the Pacers 102-79 behind Marcin Gortat’s 31 points to cut Indiana’s series lead to 3-2.
4. The Cleveland Browns sign cornerback Joe Haden to a five-year, $68 million extension and release quarterback Vince Young.
5. Carolina Panthers Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy is arrested on an incident of domestic violence. .
6. St. Louis Rams receiver Stedman Bailey has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.
7. Happy Birthday to Former Cincinnati Reds slugger Tony Perez who turns 72 today.
8. San Marino beats South Pasadena 8-2 to wrap up the Rio Hondo League title.
9. Monrovia beats La Canada 9-4 to wrap up the Rio Hondo League softball title.
10. On this date in 1972 in his first game as a New York Met Willie Mays hits a home run to beat the Giants 5-4.