(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller is out for the year with a shoulder injury.
2. La Serna running back Anthony Garcia 2013 stats, sophomore year: Rushing: 68-617 yards, 6 TD; Receiving: 9-100 yards.
3. Cleveland Browns HC Mike Pettine names Brian Hoyer the starting quarterback.
4. “It was said out of reverence, out of pride to the American Indian. Even though it was called a Redskin, what are you going to call them, a Brownskin? This is so stupid, it’s appalling. And I hope that owner keeps fighting for it and never changes it because the Redskins are part of an American football history and it should never be anything but the Washington Redskins. That’s the way it is.”- Mike Ditka.
5. UCLA at Virginia August 30, 9:00 am. ESPN.
6. CBS announcer Phil Simms and NBC announcer Tony Dungy both said they won’t use the term “Redskins” when discussing the franchise.
7. Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett is out for the season with a torn ACL.
8. Happy Birthday to former New York Yankee third baseman Graig Nettles who turns 70 today.
9. Santa Fe running back Edward Cisneros 2013 stats, sophomore year: 68-362 yards, 3 TD.
10. “It’s kind of like watching your mother-in-law go off a cliff in your brand new Cadillac. You got mixed feelings.”- Former Montana Tech football coach Bob Green after a close loss.
Leave a Reply