(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. The New England Patriots will host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday September 10 to open the 2015 NFL season.
2. Cincinnati Reds manager Bryan Price goes on an expletive-filled tirade to reporters dropping the F-bomb 77 times in a five and a half minute rant.
3. “A lot of the projections we had to make when Howie (Kendrick) was traded was that Josh (Hamilton) was here. We fully anticipated that. We still anticipate that, at some point.” Angel Manager Mike Scioscia.
4. Atlanta Braves reliever Andrew McKirahan was suspended for 80 games Monday after a positive test for a banned substance. McKirahan is the fifth major league pitcher in 25 days disciplined for using performance-enhancing drugs.
5. “I will not say who’s the guy until our first series against Virginia.” – UCLA head coach Jim Mora on his starting quarterback.
6. El Rancho DL Malachi Allen 2014 stats, junior year: 56 solo tackles, 64 total; 12.5 sacks.
7. South El Monte RB Marcos Lopez 2014 stats; junior year: Rushing- 144-818 yards, 14 TD; Receiving – 32-361 yards – 4 TD.
8. New Diamond Ranch HC Jimmy Welker played for Nick Saban at LSU.
9. On this date in 1970, Tom Seaver of the New York Mets strikes out 19 San Diego Padres – including the last ten in a row in a 2-1 Mets victory. Seaver tied the major league mark set by the St. Louis Cardinals’ Steve Carlton in 1969. The Boston Red Sox’ Roger Clemens broke the record with 20 strikeouts in 1986.
10. Happy birthday to Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch who turns 29 today.
Leave a Reply