(“The TEN”) is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. The Pittsburgh Steelers sign quarterback Michael Vick to a one-year deal.
2. The New England Patriots sign receiver Reggie Wayne to a one-year deal.
3. Osi Umenyiora, the former New York Giants All-Pro defensive end, retires after signing a one-day contract with the team.
4. Offensive tackle Jonathan Martin, who was the main subject in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal, says he suffered from depression and attempted suicide on multiple occasions in explaining his decision to retire from football.
5. Dallas Cowboys’ cornerback Orlando Scandrick is out for the season with two torn ligaments in his right knee.
6. ESPN has removed Curt Schilling from its Little League World Series broadcast team as well as its Sunday night baseball coverage because of an anti-Muslim tweet.
7. St. John Bosco at La Mirada, Friday Night, 7:00 p.m.
8. “Muir Beats!! Cathedral By 3 TDs” – MVS Commenter “89 Stang”.
9. On this date in 1982 Rickey Henderson stole his 119th base to break Lou Brock’s single season record.
10. On this day in 2004 former Dodger outfielder Willie Crawford passed away at the age of 58.