(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Stanford fires Johnny Dawkins after eight seasons.
2. A banner is flown over Westwood Monday morning reading “UCLA deserves better! Fire Alford!”
3. USC vs. Providence in the NCAA Tournament First Round Thursday in Raleigh, N.C.
4. Trent Johnson is fired at TCU after the Horned Frogs won only eight conference games in the last four seasons.
5. Florida Gulf Coast routs Fairleigh Dickinson 96-65 in the First Four “play-in” game at Dayton, Ohio.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavius Bryant is suspended by the NFL for at least one year following another violation of the league’s substance abuse policy.
7. Green Bay DT B.J. Raji announced he will not play football in 2016 but did not rule out a return to the field.
8 “Viva Hector! Titles though????? Come on!” – MVS Commenter “Wildcat” on the new Gladstone HC.
9. Former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Mike Wallace signs with the Baltimore Ravens and says “I need a good quarterback.”
10. $9 billion is the estimated amount wagered on the 2015 NCAA tournament ($7 billion illegally).