(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Dirk Nowitzki became just the sixth player in NBA history to score 30,000 career points as Dallas beat the Lakers 122-111.
2. Washington Redskins HC Jay Gruden receives a multi-year contract extension.
3. Minnesota linebacker Chad Greenway announced his retirement after 11 seasons and 144 starts for the Vikings.
4. Mickey Marvin, who was a starting offensive lineman for the Los Angeles Raiders team that won Super Bowl XVIII, passed away at the age of 61. Marvin started at right guard for the Raiders from 1978-’86 and was also part of the Super Bowl winning team in Oakland in 1981.
5. USC opened spring football practice Tuesday.
6. Gonzaga beat St. Mary’s 74-56 Tuesday night to win the West Coast Conference Tournament in Las Vegas.
7. UCLA’s Lonzo Ball was named the PAC 12 Conference’s freshman of the year and first team All PAC-12.
8. LA Rams defensive end Ethan Westbrook was arrested Sunday in Sacramento on suspicion of felony domestic violence.
9. Dick Vitale names Kentucky’s Malik Monk his Diaper Dandy of the year.
10. “An All-American is an ordinary person with an extraordinary desire to excel. You don’t get to the top of the mountain by just dreaming. It’s nice to dream. But it’s the work ethic and pride that makes you get to that mountain top and that level of success.” -Dick Vitale.