(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Nogales falls to Tahquitz 5-3 in the Division 4 semi finals; Walnut beats Paso Robles 3-2 to advance to the Division 3 title game.
2. The Dodgers beat the St. Louis Cardinals 9-4 Tuesday night for their sixth straight victory as they move into sole possession of first place in the NL West.
3. “San Gabriel is hiring an assistant from Glendora, a defensive guy! First or second week in June the board will approve. Not sure who he’s bringing or who is staying but SG has a coach.” – MVS Commenter “Local Guy.”
4. MLB suspends San Francisco Giants’ reliever Hunter Strickland for six games, while Washington Nationals’ slugger Bryce Harper is hit with four games a day after the teams had a bench clearing brawl.
5. Golden State Warriors’ HC Steve Kerr says he’s not ready to return to the sidelines.
6. Legendary sportswriter Frank Deford passed away at the age of 78. Deford spent 50 years writing for Sports Illustrated and also was the author of 18 books.
7. Lonzo Ball will have a solo workout for the Lakers on June 7.
8. On this date in 1983 the Philadelphia 76ers completed a four-game sweep of the Lakers in the NBA Finals.
9. Dodger manager Dave Roberts turns 45 today.
10. “Fo, fo and fo.” – Philadelphia 76ers center Moses Malone when asked his prediction for the upcoming 1983 playoffs.