(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. The Dodgers went 6-0 on their last home stand and have the best record in the MLB at the All-Star break at 61-29.
2. Celtics’ first round draft pick Jayson Tatum is averaging 16.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in his first two games of the NBA Summer League.
3. The LA Galaxy will take on Manchester United Saturday night at the StubHub Center.
4. Todd Marinovich at the age of 48 is attempting to make a comeback with the SoCal Coyotes of the World Developmental Football League.
5. The USMNT got a goal from Dom Dwyer and finished the game in a 1-1 draw with Panama in the first round of the 2017 Gold Cup.
6. Ohio State head coach Urban Myer and former MLB slugger Andre Dawson share a birthday today. Myer 53 and Dawson 63.
7. Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton are the odds on favorites at 9-5 to win the Home Run Derby contest.
8. On this day in 1962 the NL beat the AL 3-1 in the 32nd All-Star game. The Dodgers’ Maury Wills was named MVP.
9. Duarte Falcon Devon Hemsley’s 2016 #’s: 94-192-1,812 16td’s passing, 61-378 5td’s rushing.
10. “I heard all the black people buzzing about this man in Brooklyn named Jackie Robinson. I asked who he was and they told me. Right then I said, ‘I wan’t to play for the Dodgers someday.’ That was my childhood dream.” Maury Wills