(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”) LATE NIGHT EDITION
1. LAFC hires Bob Bradley as its first head coach.
2. Corey Seager hits two home runs to lead the Dodgers to a 6-4 win over the San Francisco Giants. The Dodgers are now 41 games above .500 and 13 games ahead of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
3. The Washington Nationals acquire Howie Kendrick from the Philadelphia Phillies for pitcher McKenzie Mills.
4. The Tennessee Titans extend defensive end Jurrell Casey for four years, $60.4 million.
5. “I’M NOT GOING TO MONROVIA!”- Arroyo QB Ernesto Camacho via Twitter.
6. Dodger pitcher Clayton Kershaw receives green light to begin throwing.
7. Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald does not report to training camp due to a contract dispute.
8. USC opens training camp Saturday at Howard Jones Field.
9. San Antonio Spurs star Manu Ginobili turns 40 today.
10. “The fans in the United States, they are, well, more polite. The fans in Argentina can get, well, crazy.” – Manu Ginobili.