(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”) LATE EDITION
1. Doc Rivers has been stripped of his general manager duties with the Clippers but will remain as head coach.
2. Yu Darvish strikes out 10 and throws seven shutout innings in his Dodger debut in a 6-0 win over the New York Mets.
3. Miami Dolphin quarterback Ryan Tannehill may require season ending surgery on his injured left knee.
4. Stephen Curry shoots a four over 74 in the first round at the Ellie Mae Classic.
5. The Dallas Cowboys beat the Arizona Cardinals 20-18 in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio Thursday night.
6. The Azusa Pacific Cougars are back on the field to begin camp Monday night at 6:30.
7. On this date in 1984 Carl Lewis wins the gold medal in the 100-meter dash at the Los Angeles Summer Olympics.
8. Happy Birthday to former Washington Redskins running back John Riggins who turns 68 today.
9. Charter Oak receiver Jermaine Braddock 2016 stats, junior year: 63-1142 yards, 12 TD.
10. “When things are going awry, it’s time to put the blinders on and do your job. Just do your job. Don’t worry about the other guy, don’t worry about the wins and losses, just worry about what the very next play is.” – John Riggins.