(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. Cornerback Champ Bailey, safety Ed Reed and tight end Tony Gonzalez were among the 15 modern era finalists announced Thursday night for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
2. AFC Wildcard playoff game – Los Angeles Chargers at Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, 10:00 a.m. CBS.
3. The Philadelphia Phillies signed reliever David Robertson to a two-year contract worth $21 million.
4. Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma suffered a lower back contusion in Wednesday’s loss to Oklahoma City and is expected to miss Friday’s game against the New York Knicks.
5. Oregon star freshman Bol Bol, son of former NBA center Manute Bol, announced Thursday that his college career is over due to a left foot injury. Bol will not play again this season and will enter the NBA draft.
6. Head Coach Dana Holgorsen, who just led West Virginia to an 8-4 record, was named the HC at Houston signing a five-year, $20 million contract.
7. The Cleveland Cavaliers have the worst record in the NBA at 8-30.
8. Mater Dei receiver Bru McCoy was named National Player of the Year by Max Preps.
9. Gabrielino leads the Mission Valley League with a 3-0 record but is 7-10 overall.
10. On this day in 2005 USC beat Oklahoma 55-19 in the Orange Bowl to win the BCS National Championship.