1. Magic Johnson announced he is stepping down as President of the Lakers.
2. Virginia’s NCAA basketball championship was the first in school history and it was its first trip to the Final Four since 1984.
3. UCLA names former Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin as its new head coach signing him to a six-year, $24 million deal.
4. Northview beat Covina 7-3 Tuesday to improve to 5-0 in the Valle Vista League. The Colts fell to 2-3.
5. Dwyane Wade scored 30 points for Miami in the final game of his NBA career. The Heat beat the Philadelphia 76ers 122-99.
6. Chris Mullin has stepped down as the head basketball coach at St. John’s after three years.
7. The Dodgers fell to St. Louis 4-0 Tuesday night in St. Louis. It was the second straight loss to the Cardinals.
8. The search for a head football coach at San Marino continues.
9. On this date in 1982 The LA Kings rallied from 5-0 deficit in the third period to beat the Edmonton Oilers 6-5 at the Forum in Inglewood in the third game of their playoff series in what came to be known as the “Miracle on Manchester”.
10. Former NFL/Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Johnny Manziel announced that he is now going by the name John Manziel.