1. Clayton Kershaw threw five and two-thirds shutout innings and Cody Bellinger hit his first home run of the year to lead the Dodgers to a 3-0 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks Sunday. The Dodgers are 7-3 through the first 10 games.
2. A group of Pac-12 football players from multiple schools are threatening to opt out of fall camp and the season unless their demands for fair treatment, safety regulations and concerns over racial justice for college athletes are met by the conference.
3. Sources say that multiple members of the St. Louis Cardinals organization have tested positive for the coronavirus.
4. The New York Mets Yoenis Cespedes has opted out of the 2020 season.
5. The Las Vegas Raiders signed free agent running back Jeremy Hill. Hill was a second round pick out of LSU by the Cincinnati Bengals in 2014.
6. Indiana forward T.J Warren scored 53 points to lead the Pacers to a 121-117 win over the Philadelphia 76ers Saturday night.
7. Angels outfielder Mike Trout, whose wife gave birth to the couple’s first child Thursday, is expected to rejoin the team Tuesday.
8. On this day in 1936 American sprinter Jesse Owens won the 100m in front of Adolph Hitler in the Berlin Olympics, his first of four gold medals at the games.
9. Happy Birthday to former LA Kings star Marcel Dionne, who turns 69 today.
10. Tampa Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady also celebrates his birthday today as he turns 43.