(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
- Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich has been named the new head coach of the Carolina Panthers.
- Former Denver Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett was named the offensive coordinator of the New York Jets.
- Former Detroit Lions linebacker Jessie Lemonier passed away at the age of 25. Cause of death has not been released.
- USC beat UCLA 77-64 Thursday night at Galen Center.
- AP Men’s College Basketball Top 5: 1. Purdue 2. Alabama 3. Houston 4. Tennessee 5. Kansas State.
- Portland’s Damian Lillard scored 60 points Wednesday night in a 134-124 win over the Utah Jazz.
- Three years ago yesterday, January 26, 2020, Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, Sarah Chester, Payton Chester, Alyssa Altobelli, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Christina Mauser and Ara Zobayan were killed in a helicoptor crash.
- Dejuan Shamburger has stepped down as the head football coach at Pasadena after seven years. Pasadena has won three straight Pacific League titles.
- Robert Maxie stepped down as the offensive coordinator at Pasadena last week.
- Dan Quinn has decided to pass up head coaching jobs to remain as the Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator.
2 Comments to "The TEN: 1/27/2023"
You can follow all the replies to this entry through the comments feed
Sarah Chester, Payton Chester, Alyssa Altobelli, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Christina Mauser, Ara Zobayan….Not that difficult Tim.
From T. Peterson: Thank you for posting the additional names. My apologies. As the editor of “The TEN” I should have caught that and added them initially. That falls on me. They are added now. Once again thank you. I appreciate it.
I still remember my disbelief when I heard the news about Kobe Bryant. Guys like that are supposed to live well into old age, like Bill Russell, becoming elder statesmen for the game. We all need to be careful with our activities, not assuming things will always be OK, and while we’re at it, we should do our best to be happy now, today, because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.