(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. The Giants’ Melky Cabrera suspended 50 games after testing positive for illegal substance.
2. Seattle’s Felix Hernandez throws perfect game against Rays.
3. Dodgers sweep the Pirates and outscore them 20-3 in the last two games to take sole possession of first place in the National League West.
4. Dallas Cowboy tight end Jason Witten suffered a lacerated spleen in Monday’s preseason game.
5. Newly acquired Dodger relief pitcher Brandon League has an ERA of 16.88 in five appearances.
6. Eric Sondheimer of the LA Times has Monrovia’s George Frazier ranked fifth and La Mirada’s Koa Kaleopaa seventh on his Top Linebackers list.
7. Rosemead senior OL/DL Nelson Leon: 5-10, 240.
8. UCLA hasn’t been to the Rose Bowl since 1998.
9. “Dwight (Howard) is very committed to playing and winning. Andrew (Bynum) has been up and down on that issue.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
10. Former APU/Kansas City Chief running back Christian Okoye turns 51 today.