(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in the TEN)
1. A group of NFL players have filed a class action lawsuit alleging the league routinely and illegally provided them with prescription pills and various painkillers, putting their health at risk to keep them on the field. Former Bears Richard Dent and Jim McMahon are among the eight named plaintiffs.
2. Dodgers prospect Alex Guerrero has part of his ear bitten off by triple-A teammate Miguel Olivo during a scuffle in the dugout during the Albuquerque Isotopes game.
3. The Kings score five goals in the third period and Jeff Carter gets a hat trick in a 6-2 win over the Blackhawks to even the Western Conference Finals 1-1.
4. San Dimas’ non-league schedule: Monrovia, Los Altos, Diamond Bar, at Rosemead, at Bonita.
5. Tony Parker and Danny Green combine for 43 points as the Spurs rout the Thunder 112-77 to take a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference Finals.
6. Covina’s Eric Williams 2013 stats, sophomore year: Rec: 20-339 yards, 3 TD. Rushing: 19-148 yards, 3 TD.
7. San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Aldon Smith pleads no contest to three felony weapons charges and two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence.
8. Happy Birthday to former major league pitcher Tommy John who turns 71 today.
9. Gabrielino receiver Calvin Chen’s 2013 stats, junior year: Rec: 17-394 yards, 7 TD.
10. “If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out.” – George Brett.