(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Oscar Pistorius gets 5 year prison sentence. However, could be out of jail in 10 months to serve out the remainder of his sentence under house arrest.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Houston Texans Monday Night to improve their Monday Night Football home win streak to 16.
3. Andrew Tovar has thrown for 2,103 yards 27 touchdowns. Going into the game with St. Francis he only threw four interceptions all season. The Golden Knights picked him off 3 times.
4. Marshall has given up 369 points in eight losses this year, last season they only gave up 289 points.
5. World Series between the San Francisco and Kansas City begin today, while Series is going on, San Francisco radio stations ban the song “Royals”.
6. Los Angeles Kings defensemen Slava Voynov suspended indefinitely by NFL for domestic violence.
7. DeAnza League is up for grabs as Big Bear visit Shadow Hills on Friday Night.
8. Templeton’s Easton Coy has 60 tackles in 6 games this year with 3 sacks.
9. Chaffey’s Mikey Dean has 909 yards rushing and 15 touchdowns in 7 games.
10. “Difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.” – Former Denver Bronco and Atlanta Falcon coach Dan Reeves