(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”) LATE EDITION
1. The Dodgers swept their three game series with a 9-7 win over the Reds thanks to an eighth inning grand slam from Corey Seager in Sunday’s game.
2. The U.S. Mens National Soccer Team earned a 1-1 draw with Mexico at Estadio Azteca in a World Cup Qualifier. Michael Bradley got the goal in the 6th minute. It was the first goal for the U.S. at Azteca in a WCQ since 2009.
3. The Chargers and DE Melvin Ingram agree to terms on a 4-year $66 million deal with $42 million guaranteed.
4. The Pittsburgh Penquins beat the Nashville Predators 2-0 to win the Stanley Cup in six games.
5. Nebraska Cornhusker wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. was cited for possesion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on Friday.
6. Sportscaster Marv Albert turns 76 today.
7. Cal State Fullerton beats Long Beach State 2-1 to advance to the College World Series.
8. On this day in 1981 MLB players started a 50 day strike. Also on this day Larry Holmes TKO’d Leon Spinks in the third round.
9. Free agent receiver Jeremy Maclin agrees to a two-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens.
10. “A lot of people think I’m dumb. Well, at least I ain’t no educated fool.” Leon Spinks