1. The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots 41-33 in Super Bowl LII Sunday. Tom Brady throws for 505 yards in a losing cause, while Nick Foles throws for 373 yards and three touchdowns to win the MVP Award.
2. There were 1,151 yards of total offense and only one punt in the contest. The 33 points scored by the Patriots were the most points scored by a losing team in the Super Bowl.
3. New England DC Matt Patricia is officially named the head coach of the Detroit Lions.
4. The Lakers stunned the Oklahoma City Thunder 108-104 Sunday in Oklahoma City.
5. New England cornerback Malcolm Butler, who played 97.8 percent of the defensive snaps in the regular season didn’t play in the Super Bowl due to “coach’s decision.”
6. The New York Mets sign free agent third baseman Todd Frazier to a two-year $17 million deal.
7. The Houston Astros agree to a two-year, $24 million deal with outfielder George Springer.
8. The Texas Rangers signed 44-year-old Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal.
9. The Arroyo Knights win the CIF Wrestling Championship.
10. Hall of Famer Hank Aaron, who many call the true home run king, turns 84 today.