1. The Clippers trade guard Austin Rivers, son of head coach Doc Rivers, to the Washington Wizards for center Marcin Gortat.
2. A body, identified as Roosevelt Rene, 25, is discovered at the home of New York Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins.
3. Lakers team president Magic Johnson says he will step down if he can’t deliver on key free agents over the next two summers.
4. New York Mets GM Sandy Alderson takes a leave of absence to be treated for cancer.
5. Houston Rockets guard James Harden is named league MVP.
6. A body was discovered Tuesday inside a walk-in beer cooler at SunTrust Park, home of the Atlanta Braves. Police said an investigation is underway.
7. The Dodgers hit nine solo home runs Sunday and Monday in wins over the New York Mets and Chicago Cubs.
8. Washington State quarterback Tyler Hilinksi, who committed suicide in January, showed evidence of CTE in his brain in an autopsy.
9. On this date in 1980 the Dodgers’ Jerry Reuss threw a no-hitter in an 8-0 win over the San Francisco Giants.
10. Also on this date in 1988 Heavyweight Champ Mike Tyson knocked out Michael Spinks in 91 seconds.