1. Three Azusa Pacific football players received GNAC sports Player of the Week awards. Tyrone Williams Jr. – Offense, Adrian Shocks- Defense, Jacob Hall-Special Teams.
2. The Minnesota Vikings order defensive end Everson Griffen to get a mental health evaluation after Griffen was involved in an alleged incident at a Minneapolis hotel last Saturday.
3. Rams cornerback Aqib Talib is scheduled to undergo surgery after suffering a high ankle sprain Sunday against the Chargers. Cornerback Marcus Peters, who suffered a calf strain, is day to day and will be a game-time decision Thursday when the Rams host Minnesota.
4. The Angels Shohei Ohtani opts to have Tommy John surgery. The two-way star won’t be able to pitch until 2020 but he can return as a designated hitter next year.
5. Washington Nationals ace Max Scherzer recorded his 300th strikeout of the season Tuesday.
6. The American League playoff picture is set with Boston, Cleveland and Houston as the three division winners and the New York Yankees and Oakland scheduled to meet in the Wild Card game.
7. Whittier Christian, which forfeited last week’s game vs. Adelanto, has been outscored 232-41 in five games this year.
8. Schurr (1-4) at Alhambra (5-0) Friday night, 7:00 p.m. at Moor Field.
9. Serena Williams, who many consider the best women’s tennis player of all time, turns 37 today.
10. “I don’t like to lose-at anything… Yet I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.” – Serena Williams.