1. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be at the New Orleans Saints to kick off the 2020 NFL season on Sunday September 13 in a classic showdown of Tom Brady vs. Drew Brees.
2. The first game of the NFL season will be Thursday night September 10 with the Houston Texans at the Kansas City Chiefs on NBC.
3. The Rams will open the season September 13 making their debut in SoFi Stadium on Sunday Night Football against the Dallas Cowboys.
4. Canadian Football League commissioner Randy Ambrosie said that the 2020 season will most likely be cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. The season is supposed to run from June through November.
5. Recently retired New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning announced he plans to take a year off before getting back into football in some capacity.
6. Fans will be allowed to attend baseball games in Taiwan for the first time this season as part of a gradual easing of restrictions due to the coronavirus.
7. The LA Chargers will open the season at Cincinnati to face the Bengals on Sunday September 13. Their home opener at SoFi Stadium is Sunday September 20 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
8. Former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher turns 63 today.
9. MLB expects to offer a return to play proposal to the Players Association within a week.
10. “I didn’t get out of coaching to get back into it. This is my next challenge and I’m planning to work hard at it.” – Bill Cowher after retirement.