(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
- UCLA beat Northwestern 68-63 Saturday to advance to the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Men’s Tournament.
- USC was knocked out of the Tournament in the first round by Michigan St. 72-62 Friday.
- When #16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson beat #1 seed Purdue Friday it was the third straight year that the Boilermakers have been knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by a double-digit seed.
- Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve broke his right thumb playing for Venezuela in the World Baseball Classic. Altuve, who was hit by a pitch from Daniel Bard of the USA, could be out at least two months.
- The Houston Texans made Laremy Tunsil the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL with three-year, $75 million extension.
- The Colony High School 7 on 7 Passing Tournament is set for Saturday June 17th.
- Florida Atlantic beat Farleigh Dickinson 78-70 Sunday to advance to the Sweet Sixteen.
- This is only the second time since 1980 that at least one of these four schools – Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, or Kentucky – hasn’t made the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA Men’s Tournament.
- Former Monrovia running back Maury Rams IV has joined the Monrovia coaching staff.
- On this date in 2020 quarterback Tom Brady, after 20 years with the New England Patriots, signed a two-year, $50 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
1 Comment to "The TEN: 3/20/2023"
You can follow all the replies to this entry through the comments feed
Lets GO Maury 🏈