With West Covina making a huge statement against Bonita, the Bulldogs move to the top spot. Not to be undone is La Serna’s dismantling of Pioneer to keep pace.This week, Norwalk can get a share of the Suburban League title with La Mirada and Mayfair. Burroughs must guard against looking ahead to Burbank on November 11 when facing Muir on Friday night.
La Serna could very well be Del Rio League champs if they take care of business against Whittier.
1. West Covina (7-1) – Bulldogs blow out a very good Bonita team with a punishing ground attack.
2. La Serna (7-1) – Any question of the Lancers looking ahead to being crowned Del Rio champs were put to rest with thrashing of Pioneer.
3. Diamond Ranch (5-3) – No Price, no Carillo, no Layton, no problem against winless Los Altos.
4. Norwalk (5-3) – Moore and Penny might have something to say about best running back tandems in Southeast Division.
5. Bonita (7-1) – No need to panic Bearcats fans, playoffs are right around the corner for payback.
6. Burroughs (5-3) – Real Indians appear in the second half of win over Crescenta Valley.
7. La Mirada (5-3) – Hold Suburban League fate in its own hand with Norwalk game looming next Friday.
8. Arcadia (6-2) – Apaches should be real confident heading into the playoffs knowing they have playmakers.
9. Burbank (6-2) – Good bounce back win against Pasadena, now must not look ahead to Burroughs in two weeks.
10. Muir (4-4) – Mustangs beginning to fire on all cylinders which means “spoiler” roll in full effect when they host Burroughs.
11. Mayfair (5-4) – It is never good when both players and coaches are not on the same page. Especially this late in the season.
12. Diamond Bar (5-3) – Brahmas were big winners during the bye. Sending “Thank you” cards to Walnut.
13. Walnut (4-4) – Mustangs can breathe knowing they have winless Los Altos to get possible fourth seed in Hacienda League.
14. Santa Fe (4-4) – Defense is in disarray when Chiefs allow 24 points to Whittier in win.
15. El Rancho (5-3) – Were the Dons caught looking ahead to Santa Fe before taking care of California?
16. Bellflower (5-3) – Win and they clinch playoff spot. Lose and Bucs can look forward to 2011.
17. Crescenta Valley (4-4) – Falcon promising season has gone south and now must look for positives heading to 2011.
18. Pasadena (3-5) – Didn’t repeat the magic ending against Burbank this week, now playing the season out.
19. Rowland (4-5) – Raiders have fallen from grace with four-game losing streak.
20. Pioneer (4-4) – Titans dealt a huge blow to playoff aspirations with 70-0 loss to La Serna.