(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. The Clippers sign Ryan Hollins to a one-year $1.065 million contract.
2. The Dodgers’ make a trade offer for Cubs starter Ryan Dempster.
3. Tennessee Titans receiver Kenny Britt arrested on DUI charges.
4. The Indianapolis Cots sign Andrew Luck to a four-year $22.1 million contract.
5. Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony score 19 points apiece to lead the United States to a 118-78 win over Britain.
6. Former Arroyo and future Whittier College quarterback Steven Rivera turns 18 today.
7. NBA Commissioner David Stern said the league is looking to add $100 million in revenue by allowing small advertising patches on uniforms starting in the 2013-14 season.
8. Burbank WR/DB Francis Nicks 2011 stats- junior year: Receiving: 8-243 yards, 3TD, 30.38 avg.; 9 tackles, 4 assisted, 13 total; Kickoff Returns: 2-49 yards, 24.50 avg.
9. Bell Gardens at El Monte September 28.
10. “Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.” – Winston Churchill.