(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Oakland’s Bartolo Colon receives 50 game suspension after testing positive for testosterone.
2. Chris Paul has surgery on his thumb and is expected to be out six weeks.
3. “I will tell you at 7:30 Friday,” – West Covina Coach Mike Maggiore when asked if quarterback Jon Najera will start against Covina.
4. Joe Blanton’s ERA after four starts with the Dodgers is 7.71.
5. Only one player, Joe Dimaggio with 100 in 1936, had more runs in the first 100 games of his rookie season than the Angels’ Mike Trout this season, who has 97.
6. Adrian Beltre hits three home runs and drives in five to lead Texas to a 12-3 win over Baltimore.
7. Temple City and La Salle, who meet Friday night at La Salle, combined for a 2-18 record in 2011.
8. Bonita has outscored San Dimas 81-40 the last two years in the Smudgepot.
9. Kobe Bryant turns 34 today.
10. “The reason women don’t play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public.” – Phyllis Diller