(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. NFL to use replacement officials for week one.
2. Vin Scully Bobblehead Night at Dodger Stadium tonight.
3. Twins’ catcher Joe Mauer clears waivers.
4. USC enters season ranked number one by Associated Press.
5. The Jim Mora era begins tonight with UCLA at Rice.
6. The Jaguars have no plans to trade Maurice Jones-Drew who continues to hold out.
7. The Dodgers are now interested in Texas pitcher Roy Oswalt who has cleared waivers.
8. West Covina defensive end Justin Hornsby.
9. Robert “Chief” Parish turns 59 today.
10. Bonita receiver Victor Magallanes had five receptions for 118 yards and two TDs vs. San Dimas.