(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Justin Verlander pitches Detroit to a 3-0 lead over the Yankees in the ALCS.
2. The Eagles fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo.
3. The NHL offers the Player’s Association a 50-50 split hockey related revenue.
4. The Reds sign Dusty Baker to a two-year contract extension.
5. Buffalo re-signs free agent pass rushing specialist Shawne Merriman.
6. Burbank at Muir Friday night.
7. Whittier Christian junior safety Dylan Murphy: 37 tackles, 15 assisted, 52 total.
8. On this date in 1968 Olympic gold medalist Tommie Smith and bronze medalist John Carlos are forced to return their awards because they raised their fists in a black-power salute during the medal ceremony.
9. Broken plays.
10. On this date in 1974 the Oakland A’s beat the Dodgers 3-2 to win the World Series in five games.