(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. Carl Crawford lines a base hit into left field to score Chone Figgins in the 10th inning and give the Dodgers a 3-2 walk off win over Detroit.
2. Ryan Braun hits three home runs and has seven RBI in the Brewers 10-4 win over the Phillies Tuesday night.
3. The CIF “Association Rule.”
4. Donald Davis has been named the defensive coordinator at Monrovia.
5. Connecticut routs Notre Dame 79-58 to complete a perfect 40-0 season and win the Women’s NCAA championship.
6. “I felt bad for Norm but I also thought he was really stupid. It’s the classic curse of getting what you ask for. He’d complained a lot when he was with us. Well congratulations you’re a blanking San Diego Clipper.” – Michael Co0per quoted in the book “Showtime” on Norm Nixon being traded to the Clippers for Byron Scott and Swen Nater in 1983.
7. The Lakers agreed to a multi-year extension with general manager Mitch Kupchak Tuesday night sources confirmed.
8. Dirk Nowitzki scores 21 points in Dallas’ 95-83 win over Utah to become the 10th leading scorer in NBA history.
9. On this day in 1981 Fernando Valenzuela shuts out Houston 2-0 in his first start as a Dodger.
10. On this day in 2001 Willie “Pops” Stargell passes away at the age of 61.