(The TEN is not a top ten but 10 items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. The Dallas Cowboys go to Seattle and beat the Seahawks 30-23 for their fifth straight victory.
2. Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant fractures his right foot and is expected to be out at least two months.
3. El Rancho quarterback Andrew Perea throws for 418 yards and four touchdowns to lift the Dons to a 35-28 win over La Serna Friday night.
4. The Kansas City Royals take a 2-0 lead over Baltimore in the ALCS. St. Louis and San Francisco are tied 1-1 in the NLCS.
5. The Lakers get beat by 41 points by Golden State in an exhibition game Sunday night in Ontario.
6. Arroyo is now 1-2 in the Mission Valley League after a 26-23 loss to El Monte Friday night. It was the second time in three years that the Lions have beaten the Knights.
7. Sophomore quarterback Andrew Tovar throws for 286 yards and a touchdown to lead Cathedral to a 58-20 rout of Salesian Saturday. The Phantoms are now 6-0.
8. Pasadena’s Joseph Thomas rushed for 312 yards and six touchdowns in the Bulldogs 43-20 rout of Arcadia.
9. “Yeah La Serna’s going to run the table. They’re a lock in the Del Rio! That’s what all the newspapers said!” – An El Rancho assistant coach shouting to his team after the Dons beat La Serna.
10. Happy Birthday to LA Clippers HC Doc Rivers who turns 53 today.