(“The Ten” is not a top ten, but ten items worth being included in The TEN)
1. The USC Trojans beat the #7 Arizona Wildcats 103-101 in quadruple overtime Saturday night.
2. Blair Walsh misses 27-yard field goal and the Vikings lose to the Seahawks 10-9.
3. Reports have John Calipari telling the New York Nets he wants 10 years $120 million to return to the NBA.
4. Happy Birthday to Temple City Ram coach Riley Saxon who turns 27 today.
5. Cincinnati Bengals Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones.
6. Washington Capital Alex Ovechkin scored his 500th career goal Sunday night becoming the 43rd player to reach the plateau.
7. Rex Ryan hired his brother Rob as defensive coordinator. Its the first time since 1995 that the twins have been on the same staff when they coached under their father Buddy.
8. On this day in 1987 John Elway engineered “The Drive” and the Broncos beat the Browns 20-13.
9. Hugh Jackson is expected to be named Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers today.
10. “That’s the biggest gap in sports, the difference between the winner and the loser of the Super Bowl.” John Madden