(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. The Clippers trade point guard Chris Paul to the Houston Rockets for seven players including guards Patrick Beverly and Lou Williams, forwards Sam Dekker and Montrezl Harrell and the 2018 first round pick.
2. The New York Knicks and Team President Phil Jackson mutually agreed to part ways Wednesday after a little more than three years.
3. “God forbid. Stupid Lebron needs to show some stinkin’ loyalty to someone besides himself. He made the big deal about going back home to Cleveland. Now he needs to stay there.”- Former Rosemead Girls Basketball Coach Jay Gauthier via Facebook on the notion of LeBron James coming to the Lakers.
4. Former Glendale High receiver Michael Davis is in the Los Angeles Chargers camp as a defensive back as an undrafted free agent.
5. Florida beats LSU 6-1 Tuesday night to complete a two-game sweep and capture the College World Series title.
6. Coming into Wednesday night’s action the Dodgers Cody Bellinger led the National League in home runs with 24.
7. The Chicago Cubs designated catcher Miguel Montero for assignment one day after he called out pitcher Jake Arrieta for allowing seven stolen bases in a 6-1 loss to the Washington Nationals.
8. Former Arizona Wildcat star Miles Simon has joined the Lakers as an assistant coach.
9. On this day in 1990 Fernando Valenzuela threw a no-hitter in the Dodgers 6-0 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. On the same day the Oakland A’s Dave Stewart no hit the Toronto Blue Jays.
10. “If you have a sombrero throw it to the sky!” – Dodger announcer Vin Scully when the final out was recorded on Valenzuela’s no-hitter.