(“The TEN” is not a top ten but ten items worth being included in “The TEN”)
1. The 2018 NCAA Final Four is set: Loyola Chicago v. Michigan and Kansas v. Villanova.
2. The APU Cougar men’s baseball team is 9-1 in their last 10 games and now 27-3 on the season. They remain atop the NCAA Divsion II Baseball polls.
3. The Dodgers kick of the 2018 campaign Thursday against the San Francisco Giants while the Angels open up in Oakland against the A’s.
4. NBA all-time assist leader John Stockton turns 56 today.
5. The Los Angeles Lakers won their then record 69th game on this day in 1972.
6. The LA Galaxy played to a 0-0 draw Sunday in Vancouver, BC against the Whitecaps.
7. After going 5-3-2 in their last ten, the Kings have fallen behind St. Louis for the final wild card spot in the NHL’s Western Conference.
8. On this day in 1979 Magic Johnson and Larry Bird headlines the NCAA Basketball Final for Michigan State and Indiana State. Michigan State won 75-64. Magic had 24 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Bird had 19 points 13 rebounds and two assists.
9. The Arcadia Apache baseball team has started the 2018 season 9-0 and will take on Burbank tomorrow.
10. “To me teamwork is the beauty of our sport where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” Mike Krzyzweski